Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 30: New Addition

Meet the new addition to our family. He is a 12-week old Desert Lynx and Himalayan mix.
Although Glenn claims he is not a cat person, this little guy will surely win his heart. He is a cuddle-bug. We have debated on whether or not we wanted a dog since we left NC, so we have been watchful on craigslist and the pet rescue sites since we got here. We've even met some interesting folks who work with or breed dogs, mostly Schnauzers, Doxies or Yorkies but nothing felt right. So this weekend, as we took our evening stroll we discussed the possibility of getting a kitten. I'd found some beautiful Siamese on craigslist, and Glenn has always liked Siamese cats. After a couple of days he told me to check around and see what was out there. I did. I found this little guy in the on-line classified ads of Grant's Pass newspaper. He was free and already had his first shots and worming.
We actually talked about getting 2 but the breeder only had him and his sister left from the litter. He came right to me and nestled against my chest, unlike his squeamish sister who scratched me all up, so I took only him. He and I have had a wonderful day today. (Sunday) Glenn went in to work not long after I got home with him. We are still thinking of a good name for him.

No comments: