Saturday, May 10, 2008

Day 1 From NC to TN

It is almost 9 pm EST (we are now on central time so one hour difference) We traveled 516.4 miles today. Glenn drove the entire way.



Driving up and down the mountains of NC was scarier than I thought and a bit stressful for Glenn too, but we did it - he did it and I tried not to yell, "Glenn" everytime I gripped the seat!

Ever since I took Geology at UNCW, I find these rock formations/cuts made in the mountains for the roads really interesting. I can't tell you the first thing about them, but they are cool...it kept my mind off the twists & turns!
That burm in the middle on I 40 makes things really tight sometimes!

We thought about stopping off at the Bat Cave to see Batman, but decided against it. ;>)


This tunnel was short but a first with the RV.


We only stopped 3 times. I love not having to stop for potty breaks for me since we are in the RV but Glenn needed to stretch.

This is the Wal-Mart where we planned to spend our first night. Exit 379 off I40 in Knoxville, TN. Okay we admit, we are very spoiled and this place was crazy busy, so we scanned the AAA Camping book for Tennessee and found Spring Lake RV Resort in Crossville, TN. Very inexpensive and beautiful. Well worth it!

Spring Lake, complete with mallard ducks and geese.


We met a very nice older couple, Ann & Carl from Chattanooga. According to them they have had a very black year. Both have had critical surgeries in conjunction with cancer of which they were diagnosed this past year. Both look great for 71 and 74 year olds. They are here at Spring Lake to meet up with some RV friends they've had since they full-timed it some 30 years or so ago. Very interseting couple. They have been in 52 states and said Alaska is a "must-see."
We are monitoring the deadly storms in AR and MO on the Weather Chanel. As of now it looks like we will miss it. We haven't even had any rain yet. God is watching over us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well hello there you crazy travelers!!! I am loving the photos..keep them coming! Be glad you are gone....nothing going on here of course!!! Enjoy your time!

Val