Thursday, May 22, 2008

Day 13 Groceries, Mall & "Idol"

We found the grocery store and the Rogue Valley Mall today. Actually we have passed the mall several other times but today we went in to walk around. Very nice 2 story mall. We are excited about the grocery store too. It is much like the Harris Teeters we shopped at in Wilmington, NC.
Glenn was drooling at the 2 inch thick ribeye steaks at 50% off. But with out small freezer we opted not to get them. We did purchase some salsa from the refrigerated section that is excellent!!! I like to use pico as salsa because I like the chopped veggies more than the pureed peppery or garlicky taste of traditionally mild salsa. I also like very little cilantro and this new salsa has very little cilantro. It is YUMMY!
We've been walking the past 2 nights here at the park and tonight it was really breezy and cold. I think the temperature is suppose to drop to 40 degrees tonight. The daytime temps will steadily rise from now to a high of 80 by next Thursday. That will be nice. It is lightly raining now...great sleeping rhythm.
We met our summer boss yesterday. She is a very nice lady in her mid-forties. I think this will be fun and not as crazy as the Jellystone we worked at last summer. For me that is great but for Glenn who has to stay busy all the time it may be tough. We'll see.
Oh, how about American Idol last night for those of you who are fans??? My favorite won...I was so excited. Glenn was rooting for David A (aka Archie) who was also good but in that Disney teenie- bopper sort of way. But David Cook, he was rockin'. Of course we saw it 3 hours after the east coast and the 2 people I spoke to last night were not or had not watched it, so could not tell me who won.

No comments: