Thursday, May 29, 2008

Day 20 Another rainy day, or was it?

Today started off rainy, as has every day since we have been here in Oregon. Actually, I'm not complaining because it is really pretty to see the clouds steaming up off the mountains.

We went to the Medford Grower's Market at the National Guard Armory this morning. Then we stopped at SOS Pear Station. All the talk about pears yesterday as we toured the Harry & David plant made me want one. So we bought a couple to have for dessert tonight.

The rest of the day was spent doing laundry and housework...fun, fun. Of course the sun peeked out this afternoon, which was a nice change. So we did go for a walk before dinner.


Since we arrived in Medford, these little kiosk type buildings/coffee shops have caught my attention. Easy to do since they are everywhere! The one above is Dutch Bros. Coffee and the one below is The Human Bean. There is another one about town but I haven't snapped a picture of it...yet.

Great business idea for those of us who aspire to own a coffee shop. Speaking of coffee: I think Glenn has banned me from drinking the Moose Munch coffee after lunch, I kept him up most of the night jabbering away, then I got the giggles. I think the Moose Munch chocolate could have had something to do with it too you know. Oh here's a funny anecdote for those of you who know what a chocoholic I am: We were given 2 small boxes of samples each, so I stuffed them into my purse during the tour yesterday. When we got in the car Glenn said he wanted to taste one of the chocolate treats, so I opened one box which contained two cookies and one small piece of chocolate. I handed him the chocolate and opened the cookies.

He bit the chocolate in half and handed me the other half. I plopped it in my mouth and melted it was so tasty!


He was upset that I ate it all! Go figure, hand me chocolate and it disappears. Was I supposed to bite a small piece and hand it back to him? I think not!

No comments: