Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day 5 Welcome to Colorado


We stopped at the first rest area/information center just so Glenn could stretch and we could get info on Colorado. I hate not having access to the internet 24-7. This place was amazing! Behind it they had a museum that was better than any I'd seen in a while and we were able to actually touch and experience alot of the items. See for yourself:



The picture above was taken in the store/gift shop.


Old John Deere Tractors






Although there are cacti on the roof of this mud hut, it is not Carrabbas.








What a way to travel, but it sure beats the hurst below!







I went to mid-week services at the church,




I guess I'll get a saddle and mosey on outta here.








Yikes, that bird is after me!





Coffee anyone? I'm serving in the Jail. Coffee, not time.


We traveled 367 miles today and made it into Limon, Colorado. Tomorrow we plan to do some site seeing stops in Colorado Springs but couldn't find an inexpensive campground there. So we are parked at a Flying J gas station which allows RVs and truckers to spend the night. Of course we have no hook-ups so are working with only battery power and the water in our tank. It should take us a little less than an hour to get to Colorado Springs in the morning.

No comments: